- What is the future of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) in the UK?
- What is the role of MOOCs in Higher Education?
- Why do people sign up for MOOCs? What’s in it for them?
- Why do universities offer MOOCs? What’s in it for them?
- What’s the difference between a MOOC and any other online learning environment?
- Why do some people sign but not complete?
- Why do some people sign up and “lurk” but not contribute to discussions?
- Why do some people sign up to ever more MOOCs (like I do)?
Questions, questions. So many questions but not necessarily all the answers … yet. I believe it will therefore be very interesting to follow the journey of FutureLearn to see when the answers will become clear(er) as MOOCs find their feet.
If you are interested in signing up for one of their first courses all the details are here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses
If you want to see and hear some of the key people behind FutureLearn then watch these YouTube videos from “Exploring the impact, data and potential of MOOCs’ conference held on the 6th November 2013 at the University of Southampton”
- Don Nutbeam, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ve7soK4vo
- Simon Nelson, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLyEw8-Ftc